Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Products + Follow Have 7 Audience + New Thread

Using Avia without the converter

[Copy Link]
Author: hirenpatel1207 | Time: 2021-8-10 18:23:24 | AVIA|
3 2363

Threads

Credits

Kindergarten

Credits
Posted on 2021-8-10 18:23:24| All floors |Read mode
Hi,

I wanted to know that has anyone used Livox Avia (or any Livox sensor for that matter) without the Converter 2.0?
Do we void the warrenty if we connect our own developed board for power, data transfer etc. to the Lidar via the aviation connector?
We have a drone application and want to reduce as much weight as possible.

Thanks.

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Posted on 2021-8-11 19:33:42| All floors
Hi

If the M12 connector on the avia  is not damaged and only do external connection, the warranty will not be voided. The  converter is only supposed to be used in the trial phase. We also hope that customers can design their own connection cables when using them in actual projects. Please do not Worried about this.

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Kindergarten

Credits
 Author| Posted on 2021-8-26 14:45:17| All floors
Ok, that is great news for building a solution around the sensor.
Another question is what exactly is there inside the Converter 2.0 box?
If we look at the manual of Livox Avia, all the pins from the Aviation connector from the sensor are already labelled (power, ethernet, time sync). There is a one to one relation table in the manual. The difference I saw was in the voltage inputs, the conveter can take from 9-30V while for directly powering the sensor, it says 10-15 volts. It would be nice if Livox can release drawings of the Converter so that users can look at the circuit components to make their own board.

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Kindergarten

Credits
Posted on 2022-6-27 15:02:25| All floors
Hello,

We connected a separate power converting circuit.
But the ethernet communication is not working, so I wonder what protocol is in 485 communication.
Is there anything else I should check?

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Credit Rules

Quick Reply Back to top