Author: Buddelflink | Time: 2021-10-13 15:36:29 | MID-40|
4 14616

Threads

Credits

Kindergarten

Credits
Posted on 2021-10-13 15:36:29| All floors |Read mode
Hello,
I have not seen anywhere a picture with a detailed wiring of the Livox md40 and the rugged uINS from InertialSense. Can someone tell me if I am doing it right or point out any errors?
Thanks a lot
Jan Krumnow

This post contains more resources

You need to Login Before they can download or view these resources, Don’t have an account?Register

x

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Posted on 2021-10-14 18:29:37| All floors
1. You can try grounding the TTL to 485 module and uINS .
2. Have you written code that allows the Ethernet cable to transmit GPRMC signals.

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Kindergarten

Credits
 Author| Posted on 2021-10-14 20:28:43| All floors
Last edited by Buddelflink In 2021-10-14 21:33 Editor

Thank you for taking the time....
1) I have done that now. Also, a ground line has been drawn between uINS and RPI4. The uINS gets current from the RPI.

2) No, the Ethernet cable is only shown because it transfers the point data from the Livox to the RPI. I thought the GPRMC signal comes from PIN-7(uINS) and can be connected directly to the RXD (UART) from the RPI.  

This post contains more resources

You need to Login Before they can download or view these resources, Don’t have an account?Register

x

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Kindergarten

Credits
Posted on 2021-11-9 16:57:00| All floors
hello i am also interested in connecting my mid40 with an external imu + gps, this link you put on the forum is working with inertial sense and what software do you use, the official ros-drive and livox libraries with ubuntu 18.4 installed on raspberry? I have installed the whole package on a virtual machine but without the imu the clouds are broken and distorted you have found a decent solution with this imu? Livox together with dji had already used this system but I never found the connection diagram.
Can you help me add this imu with gps? does the system insert the IMU data in addition to the GPS data? Thanks .

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Pre-School

Credits
Posted on 2021-12-6 02:42:27| All floors
Hi folks,

I can probably help you out here. Shoot me an email (madnadirmapping AT gmail DOT com).

MNM
madnadirmapping@gmail.com

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Credit Rules

Quick Reply Back to top