Author: nes9966 | Time: 2022-6-15 00:47:15 | MID-40|
2 4389

Threads

Credits

Elementary

Credits
Posted on 2022-6-15 00:47:15| All floors |Read mode
Last edited by nes9966 In 2022-6-15 00:47 Editor

After the trials and tribulations of getting the Livox_mapping algorithm to run, I am faced with the obvious problem of the Lidar drifting its location due to it having no IMU.
From others in the forum I seem to understand that the Lidars with built-in IMU (running the Livox_mapping program) do not have this drift problem?
My question is...
If I connect an external IMU to my MID-40 per the proper instructions and then run Livox_mapping program, will the drift be corrected?  or do I need another program to resolve this with Livox_mapping?
or do I need another different mapping algorithm that already incorporates IMU info?
Thank you,
Confused Architect.

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Posted on 2022-7-6 19:26:48| All floors
Dear nes9966,maybe you can try loam_livox(Forked from hku-mars/loam_livox) which  does not include IMU data processing;
In the case of using an external IMU, you need to calibrate the external parameters of the IMU to Lidar, and adjust the topic and frequency of the imu data.

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Elementary

Credits
 Author| Posted on 2022-7-15 01:38:04| All floors
Livox Support Posted at 2022-7-6 19:26
Dear nes9966,maybe you can try loam_livox(Forked from hku-mars/loam_livox) which  does not include I ...

"calibrate the external parameters of the IMU to Lidar, and adjust the topic and frequency of the imu data."  

.....AND HOW IS THAT DONE????

Do you follow the connection methods of the livox device time synchronization manual?

Is it under ROS Driver and the proper coding:

"timesync_config": {
        "enable_timesync": true,
        "device_name": "/dev/ttyUSB0",
        "comm_device_type": 0,
        "baudrate_index": 2,
        "parity_index": 0

Is it using the livox device time synchronization manual?  Or the confusing Livox SDK Communication Protocol?"

MORE information please?

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Credit Rules

Quick Reply Back to top