1 1794

Threads

Credits

Pre-School

Credits
Posted on 2021-2-14 00:51:52| All floors |Read mode
Last edited by 3Dcloud In 2021-2-14 01:11 Editor

Hi
I see multiple layers with/based on different reflectance. This does not change even if i change to singel, double or trippel return signal.
Is this right and how do i determind what is the right distance?
The surface is hard and white with somewhat not smooth surface. I see this other places too

Picture taken from Livox viewer. Red circle around the issue.
Runing latest firmware.

This could be a case of Lambertian reflection..

This post contains more resources

You need to Login Before they can download or view these resources, Don’t have an account?Register

x

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Posted on 2021-2-22 01:16:41| All floors
Hi, this is Livox technical support team. Regarding your concern, the colour difference is the result of rendering with the right colour band based on reflectivity. The reflectivity will not change according to the echo setting, it is inherent, and we will correct it by the reflection intensity and distance.

If multiple radars are used to collect statically, and the corners/road signs scanned in the area, when the external parameter calibration is abnormal, point cloud layering will occur. In this case, it is recommended to calibrate the external parameters.

If it is motion collection, such as vehicle turning, due to the non-repetitive scanning of relative positions at different times, there will also be layering. This requires motion compensation to solve this problem.

In addition, if it is within the blind area of Avia, it may cause layering. Since we have set a threshold function to distinguish the measurement of each reflectivity material, if it is outside the blind area and happens to be at the junction of the two functions, it may also cause this kind of layering. Once the layering accuracy is in a reasonable range, it is fine.

Hope these could help you!

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Credit Rules

Quick Reply Back to top